Under plans set out by health secretary Matt Hancock, all international arrivals to England will have to take two Covid tests during their 10-day quarantine period.
And all UK nationals arriving from 33 “red list” countries will be required to spend their quarantine in a government-designated hotel, where they will be charged £1,750 for their stay.
Foreign nationals are already banned from travelling direct to the UK from the red-list countries, which are linked to outbreaks of dangerous mutations of Covid-19.
Ministers have already signed contracts with 16 hotels to provide 4,600 rooms for the programme, which will involve “visible security”, said Mr Hancock. Passengers will have to stay in their hotel room during their quarantine.
Those who lie on their passenger locator forms in a bid to conceal a visit to a red-list country face up to 10 years in jail.
- Only carers who are already registered with Constantia Care are eligible.
- Only eligible for carers flying from ‘Red Zones’
- Carer books their flight. Proof of flight details is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- £1750 is sent to the carers UK bank account (must be UK) on the date of their flight.
- Carer receives the funds and goes into a government hotel for 10 days of isolation.
- During the 10 days of isolation our training department can provide them with remote training.
- After 10 days the carer attends the office and takes a Covid-19 test and completes any relevant training as required.
- Carer is placed in a position and must commit to a minimum of 6 weeks.
- £1750 will be deducted from their pay over the period of 4 weeks (£437.50 p/w).
- After the 6 week period the carer can continue to work with Constantia Care but is also free work elsewhere.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR 10 CARERS
- Cape Verde
- Republic of Congo
- French Guiana
- Portugal (including Madeira and the Azores)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates