Recipe - Strawberry and Ricotta Muffins
We are heading into the final Bank Holiday for a quite some time. Use your three day weekend to indulge and take the time to bake yourself a lovely sweet taste of spring with our fantastic recipe for these Strawberry and Ricotta Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) melted and cooled butter
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup washed, stemmed and chopped strawberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese.
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, butter and water and stir gently only until the dry ingredients are almost all moistened.
- Add strawberries and ricotta and continue to mixgently until incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon or scoop into prepared muffin pans, filingthem about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick insertedinto the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm