- 175g rinsed quinoa
- 475ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets – cut into strips
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 110g crumbled feta cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Method - Prep: 30min › Cook: 25min ›
Ready in: 55min
1. Bring the quinoa and chicken stock to the boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pan. Simmer until the stock is absorbed, the quinoa is fluffy, and the white line is visible in the grain, about 12 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan; cook and stir the garlic cloves and onion until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken breast strips and cook until the chicken is still slightly pink in the middle, about 5 more minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Pour 2 more tablespoons of olive oil in the frying pan and cook and stir the courgette and tomato until the courgette is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Return chicken to frying pan and sprinkle with feta cheese, basil leaves and lime juice. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked and hot, about 10 more minutes. Serve over hot quinoa.